Are you ready for the #EducationNeedsYouthWork Campaign?
Mark the date in your calendar – Monday 19th to Friday 23rd February 2024.
#EducationNeedsYouthWork will highlight why youth work is crucial to Scottish education. It’s about ensuring every young person has access to youth work as an integral part of their educational journey.
Why? – because young people tell us youth work should be part of their education.
Throughout the week, YouthLink Scotland will present compelling evidence showcasing the pivotal impact of youth work across school and post-school learning.
Download the comms pack
Find out more about how to get involved throughout the week by using our comms pack, filled with info on themed days, content ideas and suggested social media posts!
Download Printable Campaign Posters
Give us your personalised message about the value of youth work!
- Print off our campaign posters
- Write your personalised message
- Take a photo or short video of your message
- Post on social media using our #EducationNeedsYouthWork hashtag
- Don’t forget to tag @YouthLinkScot!
Join us as we raise the profile of our work and amplify the voices of our young people, sharing their experiences of how youth work has shaped their learning.
From re-engaging with school to providing safe spaces, their stories are at the heart of this movement for education change.
Who are we targeting? Decision-makers in education reform, school leaders, attainment advisors, and all of those involved in Scottish education.
- Investment of Pupil Equity Fund (PEF) and Strategic Equity Funding (SEF) in strong youth work partnerships.
- Champion the voice of young people in education reform.
- Integrate youth work into the learner journey, ensuring its recognition within school and post-school education through Education Reform.
Themes for the week include:
- Youth Work & Schools Partnerships.
- Effective PEF funding spending: showcasing case studies.
- Impact on attendance, attainment, mental health, and post-school learning/careers.
- A call to action day for Education Reform.